The 2018 Oktoberfest was a great success. Thanks to all the volunteers and our visitors. See you all next year.
The picturesque seaside town of Emu Park will come alive on Saturday, 27th October. The Emu Park Lions Club is busy gearing up for another fantastic day where more than 3,000 locals and visitors will descend on Emu Park’s Bell Park.
The day will resonate to the music of the Kalendar Band and Heidi the yodeler entertaining patrons with OOM PAH PAH and a floor show of traditional Bavarian folk dancing, cowbells, Swiss Alp horn, yodeling and audience participation. Patrons are serenaded with music ranging from beautiful German ballads to raunchy German beer drinking songs with as much knee slapping, toe tapping, slap dancing, hat dancing and chicken dancing as anyone could handle. Later in the day expect the dance to get more frenetic as the band rocks on right up to closing time.
Traditional German fare will be on offer as will a range of local Aussie foods and imported beers. Beer steins and lots more will be available from the Stein Stall.
Licensing laws prohibit alcohol from being brought in or taken out of the event. Because of this restriction only sealed bottles of water can be brought through the gate. Water will be available to replace any open bottles which need to be emptied before entry or you can simply bring along your favourite water container and fill it. Patrons are advised to organize transport and accommodation beforehand to avoid drinking and driving. No dogs or eskies are allowed.
Please note there will be special late night bus services to Yeppoon and Rockhampton as follows:
- Patrons are advised to organize transport and accommodation beforehand to avoid drinking and driving. The usual Saturday Young’s Bus Service will be operating with extra runs provided –from Zilzie 3.00pm & 5:00pm; (see below for pickup and drop off points)
to Zilzie 9.10pm & 9.40pm;
to Yeppoon 9.30pm & 9.45pm;
3 services to Rockhampton (via Zilzie & Yeppoon) at 10.30pm.
- For other Bus times consult the Young’s Bus timetable.ZILZIE PICK UP AND DROP OFF POINTS
There will be 3 confirmed pick up & drop down points for Zilzie as follows –
1. Fire Brigade on Hartley Street
2. Old Zilzie store cnr Hartley & Claude Sts & Svendsen’s Rd
3. Golf Clubhouse in Monaco DriveThis event has certainly made its mark on Central Queensland’s entertainment calendar growing bigger and better each year as word spreads that this is an event not to be missed. Patrons don their traditional German costumes, their funny hats or dancing shoes, or just come as they are to revel in the frivolity of this fantastic day. The Emu Park Lions Club also would like to acknowledge the wonderful support provided by local businesses, sponsors, and community volunteers in staging this 34th Oktoberfest. What a wonderful community effort! All profits raised are distributed by the Lions Club to a diverse range of worthy causes.
To find options for accommodation go to www.emuparkonline.com.au